Strathbogie Shire Council

Tel 24/7: 1800 065 993

Barking Dogs

Excessive barking is a nuisance offence under the Domestic Animals Act 1994.  If your neighbour's dog is barking frequently then you should initally attempt to speak to the neighbour before lodging a complaint with Council. 

Your neighbour may not be aware that the dog is causing a nuisance if the barking occurs when no-one is home.  If you cannot resolve the issue with your neighbour and the problem continues then you can contact Council on 1800 065 993 to lodge a complaint.

To lodge a complaint, council will require a noise complaint assessment to be completed.

Council also requires a record of the occurances of the specified noise on a noise log sheet for a period of 7 days or the time as specified by Council. Once the log is completed, the assessment and log sheet can be returned to our Compliance derpartment via any of the following methods:

  • Email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
  • Mail to PO Box 177, Euroa VIC 3666
  • In Person at 109A Binney Street, Euroa or 293 High Street, Nagambie


Do you have a dog that barks?

Barking is a natural behaviour for dogs; it is one way they communicate. But excessive barking is often a sign that something is 'wrong'. The first step in solving the problem is to determine why your dog is barking.

For further information and tips to assist with your barking dog, please visit the Department of Agricultures website here.

Featured Links

Top of Page