Strathbogie Shire Council

Tel 24/7: 1800 065 993

Crown land trees

Lopping or removing trees on crown land

Strathbogie Shire is widely recognised as possessing some of the most ecologically valuable roadsides in the nation, and supporting some of Australia's most ancient remnant landscapes.

Much has been cleared for farming and other uses, but our roadside trees are true arks from a time we will never know again.

Many of our trees have been growing since before the Mona Lisa was created, yet have a value far less than Da Vinci's painting.

Regardless of the nature of works, or the content of our Planning Scheme, residents must obtain permissin from Council if they wish to undertake any activity on Crown Land managed by Council.

This includes roadsides, reserves, parks, and any other publically managed entity owned by the citizens of Victoria and managed in perpetuity by the Shire of Strathbogie.

You will need either a planning permit or a Council staff member's advice to remove native trees, shrubs, herbs and grasses.

You may also require a Permit to Work on a Road Reserve, which ensures road users, underground services and yourself are not harmed.

You can contact our Planning Department on 1800 065 993 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. .



Featured Links

Top of Page